søndag 6. januar 2013

Geeky Knits - Bubble Bobble!

On a personal note...
Instead of going to the gym as I originally planned this morning, I ended up in the sofa, surrounded by blankets and home knitted socks and sweater, with a big cup of NeoCitran instead.

I'm so glad we stacked up on NeoCitran before we moved from Canada.  It has been my savior many times over.  Never understood why they don't sell them here in Norway.


Now...
Over to something entirely different!  Bubble Bobble!  :)
So, if you're sitting like a question mark right now, thinking; what on earth is Bubble Bobble? Wikipedia shall give you your answer below:
(Fellow geeks; read, smile and continue...)


Bubble Bobble (バブルボブル Baburu Boburu?) is an arcade game by Taito, first released in 1986 [1] and later ported to numerous home computers and game consoles.[2] The game, starring the twin Bubble Dragons Bub (Bubblun) (バブルン Baburun?) and Bob (Bobblun) (ボブルン Boburun?), is an action-platform game in which players travel through one hundred different stages, blowing and bursting bubbles, dodging enemies and collecting a variety of items. The game became very popular and led to a long series of sequels and spin-offs. The main goal of the game is to rescue Bub and Bob's girlfriends from Robots, among other enemies. It is also notable for being an early example of a game with multiple endings, which depended on the player's skill and discovering secrets.
wikipedia.org


Main screen of the game
Did you ever see such a cute little guy?  Game Introduction Screen.








This one cracks me up - Hi-Tech - Hahahaha, so cute!

  

So, now that we've covered the nostalgic part and all geeks are grinning, it's time to head over to the knitting department! :)



Some time last year my husband requested a bag that he could keep his dice in.  I immediately started my search for inspiration, deep into the mystical webs of geekdom.  After a lot of back and forth we both agreed that Bubble Bobble was a good choice for the bag, and I got started on creating a very simple knitting pattern with one of the dragons. 

I'm pretty sure this pattern would be a great hit for kids as well.  Imagine this little guy on a cap? :)  A big hit!


I made a simple pattern to follow.  Ain't he cute?


I used a circular knitting needle, European size 2 in thickness and 40mm length.  It's really easy.  Knit the pattern twice, sew it shut at the bottom, adjust the top fold to the desired length, add a ribbon or create a braided rope - and Voila!  There you have it!


I personally think it turned out really really cute.  :)

I did a few alterations from the original pattern I made as you can see.  I removed the black, because it was very dominating and harsh.  When all finished with the knitting, I went over with a needle and sewed around some of the stitches for a smoother look where needed.


It was a huge success!  :)  Someone got very happy.  He has now just requested another one, and this time with a new motif, and for a much larger bag.  I'll of course keep you updated on the progress!


I personally think the result of the Bubble Bobble bag was really cute.  Hope you like it!


*Hugs and kisses*










2 kommentarer: