lørdag 26. januar 2013

Low Carb Pancakes


So, it's Saturday and I'm having a rest day.  No work-out, just all chillin goodness.
Outside it's been snowing like crazy all day. I know I should be getting tired of snow by now, but I'm not.  I just really really like snow! :)




On the kitchen front we decided to try out something new for lunch today. 

I've been having this ridiculous sweet craving, and I so felt like pancakes.  Time to test out some  Healthy Low carb Protein rich Pancakes!  Did I hear a YUM?  They're not just yummy, they're pretty healthy too!  These pancakes are oven baked, not fried on the frying pan.

The recipe I got from Kristine Weber - a lady with; (read) good looks, good cooking skills, good portion of humor, NM in Body Fitness, and last but not least - a cat mom. 

Her blog  "Food for Muscles" is definitely worth checking out.  I'm passing by constantly for some good pointers and some nice protein recipes. :)  Thanks again Kristine!  *hugs*




Oven Baked Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 egg
1 egg white
1/2 box of mashed cottage cheese
2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tps baking powder
2 tbsp icing sugar replacement
2-3 drops stevia vanilla
Some milk or water if the batter gets very thick
1 ts cardamom
1 tbsp yacon sirup


Preperation:

Firstly, turn the oven on - temperature 180 degrees C. 
Prepare a baking tray with some baking paper. 
Mix everything together except from the yacon sirup, and let it rest for a few minutes.  Pour the batter on to the baking paper in medium pancake size - they will expand as they get warm.  Pour some yacon sirup over, and put them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

Sweetener, cinnamon, roll them up and enjoy.


For some extra decadence, pour some extra yacon sirup over before serving.  Mmmmm yum.






 Tifa and I hope you're all having a great Saturday!












Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar